Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

The Testing

The Testing - Joelle Charbonneau I was just blown away by this great read! The dystopian explosion has caught my attention, but there are only a few I have given this high of a review, this one is up there!Cia is honored she has been chosen for the testing which determines who is able to attend University. Those who attend, go on to work and help recreate their world after the apocalypse. No one from their colony has been chosen in 10 years. Her older brother resents her because he was not chosen and her father went through the testing but doesn't remember what happened during that time. As the testing begins she befriends a boy from her colony Thomas and joins forces with him to survive the testing. Cia is far from prepared for what is placed before her during the trials. A love triangle seems to begin, but is not resolved in this book. Riveted by the fast paced world building, it was difficult to put down. Cia's character comes out strong and instantly likeable. After her fathers warning to trust no one, she can't help but trust certain people, but the doubts come. The pressures to succeed and pass the testing are undoubtedly high, because those who have failed disappear. This book brings to front what young teens/adults would do to achieve social standings and goals. By the end of the book, there are many questions left unanswered which hopefully will be answered in the next installment. I would suggest this book to all the Hunger Games fans. Like it, there is violence between teens. Other than that, it's a pretty clean read. Some romance, kissing, and no bad language that I can remember. I will definitely be looking forward to the next installment!!!