Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy Book One)

My Ex From Hell - Tellulah Darling I was a little disappointed with this book. I really love the whole idea of Persephone in a young teenager, with Kai her forbidden love. I was expecting some humor and an intriguing story, but I feel like I just couldn't or didn't "get it". I took my time reading this, expecting that at any moment I would love it, but it just didn't happen for me.I enjoyed Sophie's character with sarcasm and attitude befitting a princess of sorts, even before she knew who she was. Theo, a.k.a. Prometheus, was my favorite character, the protector. He seemed to be the most believable part of the whole book. Kai, well he was the bad boy, of course, but I felt he just lacked something.The flow of this book seemed to be too rushed, as if there was too much information so it was all cut down to Cliff Notes versions. I guess I would say it felt dumbed down. I normally don't feel this way about YA books, but I was sad this was what I came away with. I just want to thank NetGalley and Te Da Media for allowing me to read this.