Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1) - Maggie Stiefvater,  Will Patton I listened to this book which Will Patton (actor) narrated. WOW. Talk about information overload!! My head is still reeling and trying to capture everything that happened! I will be listening to this book again, and soon. I was drawn into this immediately and I couldn't let go. Everything, every detail just kept coming and coming. A few times I went back and listened to a few parts when I had to quit listening, just to get my brain caught up again. Blue is such a weird name, I actually wrinkled my nose at it until I got to know her. That is when I felt it fit her. Most of the names of the Characters were so different and unique, which added so much more to their personalities. Of course we can't forget that Blue has "her Raven boys" whose personalities differ from night to day, but are all handsome and attractive in their own ways. Maggie's writing is amazing. She is a genius when it comes to putting a story together, especially how she plots out each character and makes them so unique and part of the whole picture. She takes the supernatural world and makes it seem so normal, such an every day occurrence that I didn't even seem to notice it really couldn't happen. There are so many twists and turns, mysteries, lies, and shocking truths that unfold. I really enjoyed it. I am excited for the next installment. Will Patton did a great job with the narration! I love it when famous actors take time to narrate books and Will did an excellent job, especially with the southern accents. I hope he narrates the next book as well!!