Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Onyx (Lux Novel)

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout And the action-packed-swoon-worthy-frustratingly-sexy-suspense-thrilling-turn-taking fun just keeps on going in the 2nd book! I don't know how Ms. Armentrout does it, but she did not miss a beat! Usually "middle" or 2nd books seem to drag or just give a "lull" to the rhythm and beat of a storyline. Sooooo not the case! I was sitting on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put this down! This is FAR better than the first book!! Her writing just brings her world to life on page, it drew me in and I fell in love with the characters, both main and secondary. Getting to know Daemon a little differently this time was fun, but I still liked the full-blown-sexually-tensed arguments he and Katy got into. I enjoyed watching their relationship change, their personalities grow and the secrets unfold. Their crazy relationship got so frustrating at times, but I couldn't help but cheer for it to work out. A new boy comes in.. Blake. Lets just say I had suspicions about him from day one, but most of all, he was just blah. How could he even compare to Daemon?? No contest! There were many times where I wanted to grab Katy and shake her and love her at the same time. I think Katy may be my new favorite heroine of all time. I love her attitude and strength, her stubbornness causes her grief and problems, but it is what makes her so great! Now that Katy and Daemon are connected, things change in their relationship. Katy can't forget what a jerk Daemon has been in the past and can't see that their attraction and feelings for each other could be more than their strange alien bond. She fights against those feelings, not wanting what happened to Daemons brother, happen to Daemon. Things heat up, but Daemon decides to show her a new side. YES, I really said Daemon, A sweet and caring side... shocker!! How did he put it? "I'm turning into a pansy"? OH, I beg to differ Mr. Black! I would NEVER call you that! The DOD comes snooping around, and tension falls on all of Katy, Daemon, Dee, and the rest of them. Knowing who to trust becomes more difficult than ever for Kat. while trying to figure out what happened to her after Daemon healed her, she changes in many ways. As much as I loved this, I have to warn my readers that this isn't a book I would let anyone under 17 read. There are sexual situations, a little language and violence.