Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits - I was expecting the typical story of bad boy meets good girl and they make their way in the world, but BOY was I wrong! They are far from the typical teens, working out how to live with what life has handed them. Echo (I never adjusted to her name) was part of the in-crowd until one night, two years ago, things changed but now has no memory of what happened. She is determined to remember and figure out how she can get those memories back and then return to normal. Noah, who was orphaned and wronged by the foster program, has trust-issues. He is determined to get his brothers back no matter what it takes. Being thrown together, both Echo and Noah work together to try and get back "normal". I really LOVED this book. It was heartbreaking at times, where I actually felt tears, but it always gave hope. I was pulled in by the mystery of what happened to Echo that night, keeping deep rooted into the plot. Characters both first and second, were so realistic and true to life, full of teen characteristics. The only thing that distracted me from completely falling in love with this story was the constant F-word, and the vulgar language. Sexual situations were to the point where I felt this would be more Adult content than Young Adult. Thanks to NetGalley for the chance to review this book.