Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

The Last Seer and the Tomb of Enoch

The Last Seer and the Tomb of Enoch - Ashland Menshouse I know this review is way overdue, but I have been so torn on my opinion of it. I really enjoyed the story line and felt that my 13 yr old boy would love it. The writing was so beautiful but so intricate, with words which I hadn't really come across, so much so I got lost at times. I feel this writing doesn't match up to the age-appropriate style of the plot, not that adults wouldn't enjoy it, but those who would really relate and enjoy it would probably lose interest because of the intricacy of it. I loved the characters. Each one was built up rather well and kept true to their personalities. The age and innocence of each one brought back so many memories of myself back then. Mr. Menshouse seemed to catch the essence of the early teens, a time of awkwardness and change. Thank you Mr. Menshouse for sending me a hardcopy of this book, which I am having a give-away for on my blog.