Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Pandemonium (Delirium Series #2)

Pandemonium (Delirium Series #2) - WOW!!!!! An exclamation mark for each star! This book totally took me by surprise! Usually I expect a second book of a series to be mediocre compared the the first (which is the attention-grabber) but Pandemonium just took everything to a different level! I never thought I would say this, but book #2 was better than #1... My expectations for #3 is pretty high now!Once again, Lauren Oliver outdid herself with her writings. Her words become so heart-felt, poetic, and beautiful. Loss is an occurrence that some people have to endure, I being one of them feel like Ms. Oliver hit my thoughts and feelings so close to my heart. Usually I don't like books that bring those feelings to light, but in her darkest hours, Lena finds hope in a place that should have torn her to shreds. She gathers strength and a renewed determination to fight for herself and those she loves. In some places I could predict what would happen, but the flow of the plot and the characters kept me guessing, taking turns left and right. My heart was pounding in different places with anticipation, wanting to jump into the action myself. I was truly surprised by this series. I don't think these 2 books were given enough credit, reviews or advertisement. I don't know what took me so long to dive into them, but I am so glad I did! This book was pretty clean, a few kissing scenes and sexual tension. There is violence and some disturbing situations. Definitely one of my favorites this year!