Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Meant to Be

Meant to Be - Lauren Morrill First of all, look at that COVER! I would love to have that in my room, hanging next to my bed if I were a teen! Gorgeous, and after having read it, makes it even more attractive. I just finished this book, and had to write about it immediately! I was drawn back to the glory days of High School and our school trips. The little cliques, the obnoxious boy or 2, and the chaperones who look like they are going to have a heart-attack! Such wonderful memories! The characters, Julia and Jason, were so well defined and fit with their age group. One so carefree, living on the edge, getting in trouble, but still able to connect with someone. One having to be the grown up, rule-follower, serious, and trying to figure out what love is. Reading about London, just added to the fun and excitement and the perfect place for love to bloom. The setting was wonderful, with so much detail given to the surroundings, history, and places that meant something to both characters. The romance was wonderful and very different. Once I started reading this, I didn't put it down. It was an easy read, but very enjoyable and fun. I would recommend this book to anyone over the age of 16. Thanks to NetGalley and Random House Children's Books for the opportunity to review this book!