Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Immortal City

Immortal City - Scott Speer Oh my FREAKING heck! I just finished this book and can I say, This book totally ROCKED my world. I seriously have not been so sucked into a book like this one in a long, long time. I literally read it all in one day... I did stop to eat and go potty, but I am ready to pick it up and read it again! Call me sexist, but when I first saw that a man wrote this book, I had my doubts. Now, let me explain. I have read some great books written by men, recent ones too, but I have not experienced one that totally RULED in action, drama, suspense,and romance... let's face it, romance is viewed a little differently for men. Scott Speer, you have succeeded in all this! I was swooning quite a few times actually, along with biting my fingernails as things got tense. There were so many twists and turns, and the ending.... UGH! So awesome, I just wanted more! I thought this story-line was incredible, so original bringing Angels out as celebrities, their powers known to all. The characters were likable and inviting. Maddy was awesome and kick-butt. I love a girl who rejects the norm and puts people where they belong. Jackson..what a hottie! A man..er Angel, who is the best at what he does, kicks some serious booty and a heart of gold.. Perfect. As far as I know there is supposed to be another book to this.. oh please, oh please, oh please. I will definitely look for it! A clean book I would recommend.