Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1)

My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) - Amanda Hocking,  Hannah Friedman I kept seeing this series on my audible "recommended" page, so I took a stab at it. I had already read Switched a while ago, also from Amanda Hocking, and enjoyed it, so figured this one should be good. I have to admit, I love a series. I just finished listening to this, and my heart is still pounding from it. At first I thought it was too much like the book "T" and even rolled my eyes a few times, but once I got into it,my feelings changed. I am still not sure if I would put it as one of my favorites, but it's up there. Of course I am a HUGE "T"fan so it would make sense that I would fall for this series as well. The name Alice, also a T-book name, made me want to scrunch up my nose because she wasn't a character I liked.... So, I tried not to bring any prejudices into this book in spite of the similarities, which helped me out a lot. This Alice's personality was great. Loved her. As well as Jack's. He reminded me of my youngest brother, always a kid at heart, which was refreshing. Not sure what my feelings for Peter were or even are now. There was a part of me that wanted things with Peter to work out and a part that hated him. This book does contain a couple of F-words, which I don't like. That might be what keeps me from adding it to my favorites. There is some sexual content... Kissing plus a little more.