Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) - Rebecca Donovan I found this book free on Kindle, but had no idea what I was getting into. I had a love/hate relationship with this book. Once I started it, I was torn between putting it down or wanting to see what happens. Just when I thought I couldn't take the abuse, and horrible language, it would stop giving it a new turn. I fell for Emma, with her brash attitude, her social inabilities, but mostly, I am all about athletic girls. As her heart was opened up, her eyes were also opened to a whole world she was missing out on by being closed off to everyone. Once she see's what she has been missing, she is not wiling to give it up. Her heartbreaking home-life brought me chills and made me sick thinking how someone could be so cruel. Evan, the knight in shining armor, chiseled his way into Emma's heart, breaking her tightly closed-off, mysterious shell only to find the secrets she desperately tries to hide. It's a good love-story, but full of anxiety not knowing when the terror would begin again.I gave it 3 stars because I wasn't completely in love with all of it. I am not one for the F bomb, but I realize in some of the scenes the words were important. I also don't do well with a lot of detailed violence, especially when dealing with real life issues. I also may be naive thinking teenagers are allowed this much freedom, with all the drinking, sex, and drugs right under parents noses. Am I going to read #2? That I cannot answer yet, leaving the story hanging at such a vital point, it annoyed me, but I cannot lie... I still want to know what happens.