Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Shadows (A Lux Novella)

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout As much as I loved Obsidian, I enjoyed this one as well. This is a Prequel to Obsidian, and gave a lot more background to Daemon and his attitude. This book focused on Dawson, Daemon's brother, whose personality is completely opposite of Daemon. Without giving any spoilers away to both this book or Obsidian will be difficult, but I am giving it a try. Dawson ends up falling for Bethany, which is against the rules with their kind. Having fun with humans is ok, but they cannot ever find out their real identity. That could be the death of both of them. The love and connection that both Bethany and Dawson end up feeling pushes away the need to stay safe. The reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of 4 was because I felt like it was too close of a repeat to Obsidian. Sure the people and personalities are different, but I felt like I was reading Obidian again at times. Similar things happen in this book as they did in the other and I felt a little jipped. As much as I love the series, I was a little disappointed in this one.