Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

The Annihilation of Foreverland

The Annihilation of Foreverland - Tony Bertauski If I had to narrow it down, I would say it is a book where Inception meets Evil Peter Pan. The concept and idea of this caught my attention and after I got into it, I couldn't put it down. I have to admit I was a little confused at first with the articles, but as I kept reading, things fell into place. There were many twist and turns, just when I thought I had it figured out, something proved me wrong. I would put this into the thriller/mystery category as well. The beginning was dark, creepy, and a little frightening as the plot began with the suffering and how they were "persuaded" to go to Foreverland. I loved the characters immediately who drew me in to their hearts and stories. Danny, who wakes up in a place he doesn't know, does not remember his past. Being an intelligent boy, he begins asking questions, determined to figure out why they are there. Reed, being strong and only remembering a girl from his dreams, fights off the torturing techniques with her words to comfort him. How could you not get involved with these boys? The ending was sort of a shock to me, but it was thrilling, kept me on edge, but left me with a satisfied smile. For those who aren't really into the sci-fi fantasy books, I would give this one a try. It will not disappoint you! It is a fairly clean book with a few "guy terms" of the body, but with a book of teenage boys, it is what I would expect. Being a Mom of 4 boys, I am going to let my 17 year old read this, not sure my 12 yr old is ready for it, but I think it is something most teens would enjoy as well as adults.