Karenola

Karen's Book Light... Dos

I read a book... write a review... give my opinion. I am a huge YA fan, but dip into the occasional New Adult if it isn't too explicit.

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins, Kim Mai Guest Even though this is a typical teenage love story, I completely fell for it. Stephanie did such a great job with the characters, that I thought about them after reading the story. I also enjoy learning of other places, cultures and languanges while enjoying a great plot, which Stephanie also brought into the characters. Anna gets shipped off to boarding school in Paris her senior year in High School, which she doesn't want. Leaving behind a boy she had started a relationship with right before her departure, she feels completely alone.Anna makes friends quickly, but also falls for the cute guy, Etienne St. Clair, who is Perisian, American and English, which means a great accent! She finds out that he feels the same, but he is taken. A lot of misunderstandings and difficult situations prevent them from being together. There is a lot of sexual tention, some kissing, and some bad language, but not a lot. I do love the fact that Anna wants to wait to have sex until she has found the right person.